OUR STORY SO FAR
In May 2019 a day-long conference called ‘Energising Communities’, jointly organised by Moray LEADER and the Joint Community Councils of Moray, was held in the Town Hall in Elgin to discuss this investment opportunity.
Following this, a steering group was set up to take the idea of creating this new vehicle forward, and a number of public events were held to publicise this work. Ultimately this resulted in the formation of Community Energy Moray.
- Heldon Community Council
- Forres Community Council
- Elgin Community Council
- Lossiemouth Community Council
- Cullen and Deskford Community Council
- Finderne Community Council
- Knockando Community Trust
- Finderne Development Trust
- Forres Area Community Trust
- Transition Town Forres
- Ekopia Social Investments
Clash Gour wind farm received consent from Scottish Ministers in October 2022. The project will be built, owned and operated by EDF Renewables UK.